Saturday, May 26, 2012

Help!

So much has happened and changed in the past two and a half years since my husband and I got married.  I really really want to renew our vows next summer.  See, we didn't have a wedding. We knew that if we waited until we had enough money for everything that goes into a wedding that it would be years before we were married. To us, a big wedding was never the point. We simply wanted to commit to each other and celebrate our relationship and our love by making our family official.  We got married at the court house on December 7, 2009.

But, I have always wished that we had spent more time on it, put more effort into it. I love that we had our close family with us and that it did not send us into debt. I wanted to get married in a garden, with a cute tea length dress on, bare foot with hundreds of beautiful flowers around us, the sun shinning and the birds singing.  That's what I wish we had done.  But alas, we didn't.

And so now here I am wanting to plan a vow renewal ceremony similar to the wedding I had envisioned.  The problem is that Tim seems to think we have to wait until at least our five year anniversary and that we have to do it on our actual anniversary.  This is Iowa... there are no gardens in December :(   I'm trying to explain to him that there are no rules to these things, and that we can do it any way we want.  What I'm getting back is, "Okay. If that's what you want."  That is not the response I'm hoping for at all!

How can I get my wonderful husband to love the romance of it all? Maybe the real question is....how do I get him to fall in love with me all over again?  




No comments:

Post a Comment