Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Big Move

Not what you think but I sure wish it was! (What I wouldn't give to move!)

I'm starting a challenge for myself. Moving from a fat filled, chemical ridden diet to a more natural diet. I won't label it raw vegan, or even vegan. Something somewhere between vegetarian and vegan. Let me explain this to you...

I have read so many stories, watched so many videos and cried so many tears over the animals in the food industry. From the way they are kept and treated to the way their bodies are processed and packaged into a meal that you (even I) feed your children.  It really makes me want to vomit.

As sickening as it is to me, it will be very hard for me to pull away and think consciously about what food I am putting into my body. I, like many Americans, have spent my whole life not really thinking about the food I eat. Just blindly eating it.  Oh this looks good! Nom, nom, nom! In the process I have gained upwards of 50 lbs and spent so much of my time staring at myself in the mirror wondering how in the world I will take this weight off or how it got there in the first place.  Wake up Holly!

So, it's already nearly 1 pm here and I've consumed enough sugar and crap to make starting this diet today null and void. But tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week. It will be very interesting to see how this new outlook will effect my health (for the better including fertility), my weight, and our family dynamic.

Of course I will continue updating.

Health


No comments:

Post a Comment